Tuesday, October 17, 2006

VD Attack Plan, Part 1

So I was sitting around, belting back my last Wild Turkey of the night and celebrating the Bears win, when I had a thought. And that thought was, gee, I should put up a helpful venereal disease educational film on my blog.

And so I am.

This comes to us courtesy, once again, of Bawb the Revelator. Bawb runs the Dream City bureau here at the Compound, keeping me up to date on all things west coast. Bawb is about the smartest person I know, although his dizzying segues from psych jargon to 40's Hollywood fake Chinese hipster sometimes leave me confused.

It turns out that Disney made a venereal disease educational film back in 1973. You can read about it here. It was narrated by Keenan (Colonel Guano) Wynn, which makes it even more awesome. Enjoy:

1 comment:

Coaster Punchman said...

Wow, that is amazing! I read the article you linked to, and like the reviewer, was also stunned when the film mentioned VD as a result of same-sex contact. That is progressive for 1973! Thanks for sharing.

CP