Thursday, April 17, 2008

First tag of spring

The first tag of spring honor goes to Barbara from Bad Tempered Zombie. She got me good, requesting that I list 5 of my favorite websites. See, the thing is, she's Canadian, and they're just so darn polite that you feel like an utter shitheel if you don't respond.

I visit a lot of websites, and my favorites change pretty often, depending on what I'm interested in at the moment, or what I'm working on. If I'm planning a trip I become totally obsessed and can spend hours researching a destination. Here are a few of my favorite places this week:

Officer.com I usually check on this one a few times a day. I get ideas for training, lots of law enforcement related news, and the occasional freak story for re-posting here.

Real Clear Politics I just discovered this one a few months ago, and since it's an election year I stop by pretty often. They have a nifty feature where they average out the results from multiple polls. They've also got a good selection of articles and editorials from different sources and points on the political spectrum.

United Country Real Estate This is my place to daydream. I like to browse through the listings and imagine places I'd like to live in a few years. They have offices in nearly every state, and they have a special section for unique and historic properties.

Google News This is what I have set up as my home page on my work and home computers. I love being able to log on and get a snapshot of what's going on in the world at any given time.

Top Secret Animal Attack Files The name of this site speaks for itself. I'm a devoted fan.

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I see you can even order Top Secret Animal Attack Files t-shirts. That is my kinda website.

Thanks for playing, Bubs. Very polite of you.

dguzman said...

What a great bunch of links! That Animal Attacks one rawks. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sir Bubs: I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you - I'm now hooked on United Country Real Estate, and spent about 2.5 hours last night, checking out Antebellums and Victorians throughout the US, looking for that perfect fixer-upper under 100K. Quite the assortment!!