Yep, it's been a few months. Time for a round of Germany or Florida.
For you newcomers, here's how it goes: I'll give a brief description of a news story, and you guess if the story originated in Germany or Florida. Post your choices in the comments, and I'll announce the winner on Thursday. Here goes:
1) A man and his girlfriend returned home after arguing in a tavern. The man wanted to have sex, and the woman didn't. The man threatened her with a rifle, but only succeeded in shooting himself.
2) An argument between two men resulted in one of them grabbing a hammer and threatening the other. The other grabbed a letter opener and stabbed the hammer man. It was not hammer time.
3) A man wanted to teach his son "how to party right" and showed the teenager how to crush and snort prescription drugs. The son died.
4) A homeless woman hit a homeless man over the head with a Heineken bottle during an argument.
5) A pet rat starts a fire in the owner's home.
6) A driver pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving promptly urinated on himself as he asked the officer if he was in any trouble.
7) The owners of a traveling educational zoo are sued by a hotel worker who claims that her exposure to bird and monkey feces and dander caused a chronic medical condition when they stayed at her hotel.