During the frenzy of activity that was Nora's romp through the Fangoria spooksmodel semi-finals, I left many things undone around here. What with the bank of computers running sophisticated statistical projections, and the walls being covered with butcher paper for all our brainstorming notes, and the empty Chinese takeout cartons and pizza boxes everywhere...you get the idea.
One of the things I left undone was this tag from Utah Savage. So here it is:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I am, at the moment, the perfect picture of the disheveled blogger sitting around in his pajamas and accomplishing nothing.
2. I constantly plan trips that I will likely never take. I usually have fairly detailed plans of places to stay and visit for a number of different destinations. Right now I've got files on Nashville, Denver, the Florida panhandle, San Antonio/Austin, and Boston. I always have current files on Las Vegas and New Orleans.
3. I have changed the way I eat and drink since driving home from a Superbowl party and feeling like a bloated, queasy wreck. Since then I've lost 15 pounds, mostly by cutting back on booze, the deep fryer and meat, and adding a lot more water and fruit. The last two nights were fat, meaty exceptions, and I am already correcting that.
4. I'm having more fun at work than I've had in years.
5. This is the first time in years I haven't played at least one or two relatively well thought out April Fool jokes. There's still time for a hoax, but it won't be up to my usual standards if I do.
6. I feel a profound sense of relief that this tag only calls for 6 things, and is not the excessive 25 things that seem to be demanded of Facebook users.
And now, the tagging. I have committed a number of tagging blunders before, and I'm feeling a little tentative about identifying specific taggees by name...so. Let's do this by telepathy. If you hear a voice inside your head telling you, no, compelling you to respond to this? Well then, you're one of the six people I mentally tagged.