Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! What's on the menu?


I love being the first one up on a holiday and having a little time to organize and enjoy the quiet.

After last weekend's 2-day long bacchanal (MizBubs' brothers and their families have gathered at our house for an early Thanksgiving each year for the past 6 or 7 years) during which we fed 27 for dinner on Saturday, and then had brunch for 15 on Sunday, today's Thanksgiving celebration will be a breeze.

So what are we serving up here at the compound on this glorious holiday?

  • Appetizers: mini-tarts with onion and mushroom, and celery stuffed with blue cheese
  • Corn bread
  • Chopped salad
  • Hot Brown sandwiches (the family elected to skip the whole turkey and do this instead, it's a Kentucky recipe and a family favorite)
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy, because kids demand it at every holiday. I'm roasting the garlic for the potatoes as I type
  • Roasted sweet potato rounds
  • Brussels sprouts with caramelized onions and pecans
  • Southern style green beans
  • Corn pudding
  • Dessert: apple pie, pumpkin pie and a monstrous chocolate cake. I mean monstrous in a good way.
I'm trying out a little something new in the bourbon department. They had Red Stag on sale at the Jewel's, and I thought I'd try using the black cherry-infused bourbon to make old-fashioned cocktails before dinner.

I hope that whatever trials you've been through will ease for you, and whatever burdens you carry might be lifted. Please accept our wishes to you all for a very warm and peaceful Thanksgiving.

13 comments:

jin said...

My best to you & yours!

I am making a scratch tofurkey, of course.
;-)

Organic Pecan Pie w/Haagen Dazs Vanilla 5 for dessert.

Mmm... & know what's best of all? This will be my very first Thanxgiving without any family whatsoever & I'm THRILLED!!!

;-D

John Donald Carlucci said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your whole family!

JDC

Some Guy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the entire Bubs household!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Same to you and yours Bubs. Some day we need to cook and eat together.

Me said...

I'll be right over! MMMM! Happy Thanksgiving!

Marianne

Lisa said...

That menu sounds wonderful. But I want the abs of the woman in the pin up art. Oh, the conundrum!

BeckEye said...

Mmm, cornbread sounds good. That's one thing we were missing. Although I did have a corn muffin in the morning before the parade.

Megan said...

I like monstrous in a good way. Best of good wishes right back atcha.

Coaster Punchman said...

OMG Bubs, I am so coming to your house for one of those Hot Brown Sandwiches. And you remind me now that I should have made corn pudding instead of yams. No one, including me, really likes the yams all that much, but I still make them because it's just kind of the tradition.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Much as I love turkey, those Hot Brown sandwiches sound pretty tempting!

Erik Donald France said...

Between Pocahontas and your Hot Brown sandwiches and the rest of the menu, I think I'd have died and gone to Heaven. Three cheers to you and yours'

eda said...

按摩棒電動按摩棒飛機杯自慰套自慰套情趣內衣
角色扮演按摩棒跳蛋情趣跳蛋

G點性感丁字褲吊帶襪丁字褲無線跳蛋

衣蝶
情趣按摩棒
潤滑液SM內衣性感內衣自慰器充氣娃娃AV情趣情趣用品

Anonymous said...

一葉晴貼圖區,影音視訊聊天室,玩美女人,免費視訊,ut 聊天室,美女寫真,微風成人,玩美女人,同志交友,成人卡通,援交友留言,免費視訊,美女影片,情色視訊,伊莉成人,成人光碟,tt1069同志交友網,85cc成人片,新人淚成人色網,日本美女寫真集,免費聊天,聊天室080,999成人性站,av成人網,情色貼圖區,情色論壇,成人聊天室,視訊美女,同志貼圖,成人視訊,視訊交友90739,視訊聊天室,比基尼泳裝美女,杜雷斯成人,色情影片,免費視訊,交友戀愛進行室,玩美女人,美女交友,正妹時鐘,