Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Countdown

6 hours, 45 minutes: Until I can leave work, go home and get some sleep after spending last night walking low-income apartment complexes (in the 90+ humidity) as part of a "street crime suppression" team

21 hours: Until shooting at the outdoor range tomorrow, always a good time. I have to qualify with the shotgun, M14, MP5 and AR15.

2 days, 2 hours: Until we get to see MizBubs' family this weekend. It's been a while and we've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm going to cook something on a cedar plank, and make fresh mint juleps.

1 week: Until Tom Waits at the Auditorium Theatre!! (*Troubling news though--my eldest just called in tears to say she can't get the night off. Dang it. I hate to tell her this, but she should've asked for the night off earlier than one week in advance. We ordered the tickets on July 15, but she didn't put in for the night off until this morning. I can't say that though, she's devastated. Poor girl, I don't know what to do to make things better, hopefully I'll figure something out.)

2 weeks: Until me and the Miz escape the compound for three days in fabulous Las Vegas.

No comments: