Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hindu nazis?


Thanks again, Kate. I heard this on the BBC yesterday, and wasn't sure I was hearing it correctly. Some asshole in Mumbai opened a restaurant called "Hitler's Cross" complete with swastikas all over it. He got really snippy with the BBC reporter during the interview I heard. Picture a belligerent Apu splitting hairs with a classic BBC reporter.

Here's a link to the story as it appeared in the Boston Globe.

According to this follow-up story on the BBC website, the owners have already changed the name. Now it'll be known as McManson's, that way they can keep the swastika--it will be carved into the forehead of the new corporate mascot.

I'm not done with snakes just yet, either. I'll get back to reptile news later. I might have some midget stuff too.

No comments: