Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sorry, it's the best I can do right now

I got home from work tonight full of good intentions, planning to write about our wonderful family fun weekend of hiking, beer drinking, chainsaws, hillbilly music and shotgun shooting. But I'm still all wore out from all that family fun, and I just can't be bothered to come up with original material. So instead of anything meaningful, you'll get more penis news.

Just as I was finishing my email and getting ready for bed, I got this article from my friend Bawb the Revelator:

Man With Faulty Implant May Not Get Cash

The Associated Press
Monday, September 25, 2006; 5:23 PM

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A former handyman from North Providence who won more than $400,000 in a lawsuit over a malfunctioning penile implant may not get the money after a judge dismissed his claim.


Superior Court Judge Edward C. Clifton on Monday granted a request by the implant manufacturer's insurer to dismiss Charles "Chick" Lennon's claim, which his lawyers say will amount to $1 million with interest included.




The implant has caused Lennon to have an erection for 10 years.


You can read more about this decade-long bout of mechanical priapism here.

2 comments:

Cup said...

Do you have Chick's number ...?

Joe said...

LOL. Yeah, my first thought was, dude, you're SUING over THIS?! That's more like 10 years of non-stop action and bragging rights. William Burroughs' Steely Dan references aside. On the downside, it sounds dangerously like a Japanese horror movie theme.

When my friend sent me the email it arrived under this heading:

"I'm ready ALL the time, bitch..."

I have noticed, when googling news items for "penis" it never seems to be good news. I can't bring myself to google "vagina."