I'm posting from SRC's annex at an undisclosed location in Iowa. Upon signing on today I discovered that I've been tagged by urban sophisticate Coaster Punchman, and must disclose my childhood crushes forthwith.
1) An anonymous Playboy magazine centerfold, circa mid to late 60's. I can't remember how I found this, but I brought it to school with me when I was in kindergarten. According to my parents, I was very innocent about the whole thing. I just remember her in the classic 60's Playboy pose, the most beautiful woman in the world. In hindsight, I'm sure this set the pattern for my lifelong love of curvy women with retro hairstyles.
2) Julie Newmar as Catwoman on the Batman TV series.
3) Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams
Supposedly I told various adults at cocktail parties, when I was little, that Catwoman was my girlfriend.
4) My babysitter Maureen Hogan. She would entertain me with stories of other families she babysat for. My favorite was the story of her babysitting for some people who had no furniture other than two of those plastic pop art chairs shaped like human hands, and one of those egg shaped chairs. And a big potted plant. I was in 3 or 4th grade, and she seemed like the most worldly, exotic woman in the world. She drank tea and wrote poetry. She had, according to a conversation I overheard between my parents and her parents, a "wild streak." She was probably about 15 at the time.
5) LNU, Felicia. This would've been in 5th or 6th grade at Henry Longfellow school in Teaneck, NJ. I wanted to be her boyfriend, and I remember having dreams about marrying her. But now I can't remember if we ever even spoke to each other. I remember her, but I can't remember how I knew her.