Saturday, January 05, 2008

OK, it just hit me

So I'm sitting there with MizBubs, watching the Republican debates, drinking a little bourbon to take the edge off. And something's bugging me.

I keep looking at Mitt Romney, and something is just...bothering me, I don't know, and I can't figure out what it is. I mean, beyond all the obvious things. Like his pandering, and all the positions he's changed since deciding to run for president, and the inability to look at him speaking without wondering if he's wearing his celestial underwear.

Then it hit me.

Mitt Romney bears a striking resemblance to Bad Ash:




Well, ok, so Ash looks a little more unhinged than the Republican candidate in this particular photo, but hopefully you get the idea.


12 comments:

Writeprocrastinator said...

I don't think that it is so much the case that Ash looks so unhinged, as it is such that Robo-cop-ney probably had his eyes and eyebrows glued tight. Then industrial taped down so that he doesn't resemble Bad Ash. They probably hired a Savini-understudy to fit a latex prothesis over the stuff that keeps his face from flying off the hook.

BTW, I know you and family dig the Japanese TV ads.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Those two were separated at birth.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Okay, he's got a bit of zany thang going there, but as long as he can outGod the rest he's got it made. Isn't that how it works?

Joe said...

Barbara, that's what astounds me--this guy is 10x the "flip flopper" that Kerry was alleged to be in 2004. Up until he decided to run for president in around 2006, all his positions on all of the conservative hot button issues were the exact opposite of his positions now. It's bizarre to see him, more than any other GOP candidate, trying to pander to every single niche of his party's base all at the same time. He creeps me out.

Dr MVM, I'd take Bad Ash any day. I might prefer Romney to Evil Ash...probably.

WP, hah! I think you're right--if you look closely enough you can see the latex straining. Thanks for the commercial, too

Erik Donald France said...

Scary true. If this guy isn't a classic villain, I'll be surprised as anybody.

I'll take Clinton, Obama, or Edwards over any of these devil dog Republicans ;)

Anonymous said...

I say the Mitthead has the crazier eyes.

Writeprocrastinator said...

"Thanks for the commercial, too"

Anamorphic Afghans say that you are welcome.

justacoolcat said...

Shop Smart, shop at godmart?

Mob said...

Can you please MS Paint a smear of grease down the side of his face, just to aid in comparison?

Dino said...

good thing you put that link there i had no idea who bad ash was

Coaster Punchman said...

I don't even know what to say any more about ole Mitt.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how unhinged Mitt will look after he loses New Hampshire?