Friday, January 23, 2009

A gift from me to you for the weekend

A very thoughtful Katie Schwartz sent this video my way.

It's from a documentary called Playing for Change: Peace Through Music. The video features musicians from around the world, and I was thrilled to see a New Orleans street musician who I recognized, Washboard Chaz.

Please, treat yourself for the next 5 minutes or so and check this out. It's been a beautiful week, and if you're ready to do a little more celebrating or relaxing this weekend this video will give you a fine start:



Y'all take care of yourselves this weekend. Be good to each other.

6 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Pretty cool, thanks Bubs!

Randal Graves said...

If you hit someone over the head with a banjo, would that be Piece Through Music?

I sincerely hope you don't run into any of the weirdos on your blotters. Clowns on the other hand, 'cause that'd be funny. ;-)

lisahgolden said...

Very nice, Bubs. Thank you. And have a wonderful, clown-free weekend.

Dale said...

Music transforms us all. Thanks Bubs, Katie and all you wonderful musicians, that was brilliant.

Wren said...

I've probably seen and listened to this video ten times now, but I love it just as much each time. It's just mesmerizing, and by the end, I'm just sitting here smiling and tapping my foot and swaying to the music and wishing everyone in the world could be buddies, all the time, time out of mind. And then the video and music end and reality closes in again.

But I'm left with that much more hope and a soul that's been lifted up a little, and that's just lovely.

Thanks for sharing it, Bubs.

Gifted Typist said...

That just gave me a good blast of the Feeeeeel goooooodd. Thanks