Thursday, April 30, 2009

Is Iowa trying to be the new Wisconsin?

That's the question I ask myself after reading this story:

Pacemaker attack stuns townspeople

The Delaware County Sheriff's Office said the younger Fierstine hit his father with a flashlight and a piece of firewood late Saturday night, then attacked him with a pocket knife.

He cut a 6-inch gash in the older man's chest and removed the pacemaker, leaving an opening 3/4-of-an-inch wide, according to search warrants.

When Delaware County sheriff's deputies arrived, wires were protruding from Charles Fierstine's chest.
Alcohol was involved.

8 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

This is what happens when you don't allow free and open access to pacemakers for everybody. Decriminalize pacemakers, I say!

SkylersDad said...

When pacemakers are outlawed, only outlaws will have pacemakers.

Randal Graves said...

Can you put a price on pace?

Anonymous said...

They say it was a pacemaker, but this guy was really destroying a Terminator.

Utah Savage said...

Why am I laughing so hard. I think it had something to do with that last sentence. When are we going to read of some stoner doing something as awesomely awesome as that. It was his son you say? I'm guessing he probably had it coming.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's hardcore.

Freida Bee said...

Oh yea, I see. Your google ad is for a free sex offender search. Could be worse.

Dr. Zaius said...

This story reminds me of Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice" for some reason...