Monday, May 11, 2009

Time for drinks and socializing


It looks like spring is finally here, and a young man's fancy turns to tropical drinks and socializing.

We are going to be graced by a visit from noted Buckeye Flannery Alden. She is going to be in town on "business" as she puts it, and is staying somewhere just this side of the Indiana state line. After a series of emails, she picked (how lucky for me is this?) the fabulous Hala-Kahiki lounge in River Grove as a good spot to meet. Some of us carnivores will strap on a cheap feedbag beforehand at Gene and Jude's just down the street.

Both places are pretty easy to get to from the city and from the suburbs. The Hala-Kahiki is pretty darn swanky, and has an extensive menu of deceptively potent and reasonably-priced tiki drinks.
It's possible their outdoor area will be open by then.

So, dear readers, how's about it? I say it's been too long since we got together and had a few drinks. Let's spend some time together and welcome visiting celebrity Flannery Alden.

Here's the info:

Wednesday, May 13 7:30-ish until whenever...

Hala-Kahiki Lounge
2834 River Road, River Grove, IL

Gene & Jude's
2720 River Road, River Grove, IL


View Hala-Kahiki/Gene & Jude's in a larger map

Hope y'all can make it. If you think you can, email me or comment here and let me know.

Bottoms up!

16 comments:

lulu said...

Oh how fun! Wish I could be there to hoist a zombie with you.

Maybe this summer.....

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I'm looking forward to it! Though Doc is absolutely sick about not being there...

SkylersDad said...

I sure wished I lived closer, dang!

Doc said...

I would trade a kidney to be able to get away but with our recent economic downturn the kidney market is flooded. Oh well.

I sent along a small care package for you and the family. I thought it would be something that you and the girls might enjoy. I tried to send a preserved alligator head from our Tiki bar but Flannery's squemishness got the better of her and she wouldn't take it. I'll have to mail it to the compound when I scratch together some money. Drop Flannery a line with a snailmail address and I'll send it with some of my pulp fiction postcards. Enjoy the books and in twenty years you can sell them on eBay and make enough money to fund a vacation for you and Mizbubs, or buy a savings bond for a grandchild, whichever comes first. Have fun you crazy kids!

Doc

P.S.- Watch out for Flannery! She is a cheap drunk and is apt to get wild after a few drinks. E.g. getting snarky with the waiter, starting food fights, nude cartwheels, etc.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Trust me, Flannery deliciously adorable in person. Doc is lucky to have her. ;0)

Utah Savage said...

Well, I can now see I need to add Flannery to my blog roll as I am missing out.

Have fun, and don't drive tropically drunk.

lisahgolden said...

You guys know how to do it up right! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Damn it...I wish I lived closer.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You had me at reasonably-priced tiki drinks, but sadly, gravity keeps me here.

Tengrain said...

Someone order a Scorpion for me!

There in spirit,

Regards,

Tengrain

Freida Bee said...

If a uniformed stranger knocks on your door with large package, please accept it. I'm mailing myself up there.

bubbles said...

If anyone (Doc?) is within Southwest Airlines flying distance, I have $250 worth of credits that expire on the 14th! I'll book your ticket! (I can't afford the to pay the difference between full fare and the $250, or I'd be there myself!

Seriously, if someone wants the credit dollars, I'll book you a ticket with them!!!

BeckEye said...

Poop! I can't come. Booooo.

Well, pinch Grant Miller's bum for me, will ya?

Oh, I don't want to be rude. Pinch the rest of the gang for me, too. Including yourself. I've already felt up Flannery so you can skip her unless you really feel that you must. After all, Doc won't be around.

bubbles said...

It's actually $350 in SWA credit! Anyone want to fly to Chicago?

Dale said...

When will the nude cartwheels photos surface? When!?!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Jealous!