Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday afternoon cocktails


Today's Sunday Afternoon Cocktail is the Blueberry Daiquiri :

Blueberry Daiquiri (for two)

Fresh blueberries, about a half cup
4 shots of light rum
2 shots of blueberry liqueur
1 shot fresh lime juice
A splash of bar syrup
Ice
Fresh mint leaves
  • muddle a handful of fresh blueberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker
  • add the rest of the ingredients, except for the mint leaves, and shake well
  • pour into chilled glasses
  • garnish with three blueberries and a sprig of mint
_____________________

MizBubs, girl wonder, is sure taking care of me this weekend. First she hits me with the drink you see pictured above, and now she's keeping our garden beautiful. We've spent the day, again, ignoring housework that desperately needs to be done in favor of staying outside.

The Mount Prospect farmer's market is in full swing, and by the time we dragged our lazy asses out of bed today a lot of stuff was sold already. We still did well. MizBubs got me to clean up my bicycle yesterday, so we rode our bikes to the market, and then stopped by the bike shop after. Oh, yeah. I decided to add some flair to my otherwise humdrum old bike.

Check out my new horn:



Yes, it is in fact a squeaky alligator head. I've always wanted one ever since I saw it on the shelf today.

Now I must go. There are peaches and blueberries waiting to be turned into a cobbler.





7 comments:

Dale said...

Another perfect day brought to you by the letter Bubs.

Dino said...

mhh substitute raspberries for the blueberries and I'll come over for a drink

Writeprocrastinator said...

I'll be right over, about six tonight. Do you want me to bring dim sum?

Johnny Yen said...

A perfect accessory for you, Narcozoology Pioneer Bubs!

Kim has a Hello Kitty bell on the big pink beach bike I bought her last year.

My only bike accessory is a can of mace, for the occasional canine assault.

Joe said...

Johnny, I just heard about the Hello Kitty bell. I think I might have been subconsciously inspired by it.

WP, any time. We loves the dim sum, and I'm sure we'll find a suitable drink to pair it with.

Katy, she almost made it with raspberries. Great minds think alike and all...

Dale, made the more perfect by your visiting and commenting here. Thanks!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I think I have a bike in the garage still. I need to get me an awesome bell to get me fired up again.

Katie Schwartz said...

I am such a cobbler whore. I don't know how to make decent cobbler crust. fork over the recipe, toots!