Saturday, October 20, 2007
There Simply Aren't 7 Things About Me
Not seven interesting things, anyway. But, goode husband Bubs has commanded, and I must obey. Sickening, isn't it?
1. I don't like talking on the telephone. This is ironic, since answering the phone is a big part of my job, and I'm very good at it. I think My ambivalence to telephones comes from not being raised with one. We had our telephone removed when I was 5 or 6 years old because my Mother had a self-control issue, aggravated by being an extreme alcoholic. The final straw was when she called a merchant marine ex-husband shore-to-ship in the Suez Canal. Not cheap in 1969!
2. I'm a tough guy. That's code for really stupid. Several years ago I was drilling a hole in the end of a branch to make a bird perch. While overly cautious people might use a vise to hold the branch, I held it in my hand. When the drill inevitably kicked and tore up the edge of my hand, I didn't panic. I had one of the girls help me rinse off the sawdust, wrap some paper towels around it, and fasten it with strapping tape. When Bubs got home a little while later, I really didn't think I needed to go to the emergency room. The doctor thought I needed five stitches.
3. I am good at sh*ting in the woods.
4. When we left the National Guard, I outranked Bubs.
5. I secretly like old fashioned florals, lace, fancy china, and all that girl stuff. I couldn't live with it all the time, but I wish I had a girlie sun room to have tea in sometimes.
6. I still like early Wings. There, I said it.
7. This was not as bad as I thought it'd be, but you owe me big, Bubs!