Thursday, November 01, 2007

Germany or Florida: Post Halloween Edition


It's hard to say goodbye to Halloween.

Once again I'm having that post-Halloween letdown. It's made a little easier by the knowledge that we're never more than a few days away from our next scary movie rental, and we can always stop and look at the Dia De Los Muertos stuff in our dining room.

Looking around this morning I saw that Kirby is experiencing those Halloween blues too, aggravated by a loss in her family and the wildfire evacuations and all...stop by and wish her well.

Mob has a horrid little video set to a horrorpunk song "1,000 Corpses", and Kim from A Sunny Thought has some nice stuff here if you don't feel like letting go yet.

There's a dozen things I should be doing, but I'm sitting on my ass swilling coffee, waiting for inspiration to strike.

_____________________

A quick round of Germany or Florida, now that's the ticket!

1) A man was arrested after asking his new online buddy to help him kill someone for the purpose of having sex with the corpse (and no, it's not Wisconsin--there are no trick questions here)

2) A man passed out drunk on his way home from a Halloween party, in full zombie makeup. He was mistaken for a murder victim and police were called.

3) A child became entangled in his family's spider web decorations and was nearly strangled to death.

4) A man was caught trying to smuggle two large dildos, hidden in sausages, into Dubai.

5) A man was arrested for placing his roommate in a headlock and biting off part of his ear.

6) Prison guards allowed two female inmates to wed each other in an elaborate ceremony featuring wedding rings fashioned from human hair and dental floss.

Leave your best guesses in the comments. Answers tomorrow.

Now, it's on to Thanksgiving...

16 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one who suffered from post-Hallowe'en depression. Damned sugar crash.

That clown doesn't even look evil, which is disconcerting all on its own.

Okay here are my guesses:
Germany: 1, 4, 6
Florida: 2, 3, 5

Of course I could be getting the German online corpse lovers mixed up with the German online cannibals.

Mob said...

I'll go with

Germany: 1, 4, 5 and 6

Florida: 2 and 3

Thank you for not throwing a Gein wildcard into things.

Moderator said...

1, 2, 3 = FLA.
4,5,6 = Germany?

GETkristiLOVE said...

I'm too depressed about Halloween being over to guess. :(

BeckEye said...

Am I crazy or does that clown look like Frank Sinatra?

My guesses:

Germany - 1,4,5,6
Florida - 2,3

Damn, I just looked and mob and I picked all the same ones.

Anonymous said...

GermanyGermanyFloridaGermanyFloridaFlorida.

I was always happy to get away with those really sore sugar bumps on my tongue. When did Hallowe'en turn into lesbian weddings?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Florida 1,3, 5, and 6. The rest are Germany.

Dino said...

mhh I know 2 and 4 are Germany the rest I have to guess but they sound more like Florida

Anonymous said...

Hey, I appreciate the love. If the #6 entry is any indication, it makes me feel better that thanks to Netflix, I'm not the only one thinking about chicks in prison.

Here's my guess- Germany: 1,4.
Florida: 2,3,5,6.

Anonymous said...

1G 2F 3F 4G 5F 6G

4 and 5 were tough calls.

Joe said...

Beckeye, that clown IS Frank Sinatra. I don't know what movie or TV show that shot is from, though.

dan@matchstick.ca said...

Definitely old blue eyes.

lauralu said...

Germany - 1, 4 5

FL - 2, 3, 6

BeckEye said...

Yay, so I'm not crazy. I just don't know the difference between Floridian and German weirdness. I can live with that, I guess.

Tenacious S said...

Funny, Sweetness just said to me today that she was declaring that Halloween was not over. I told her that there was a song about that.

Katie Schwartz said...

I love day of the dead! have you been in mexico during the event? it's fan-fucking-tastic.