Sunday, March 08, 2009

Big Daddy legs for Lisa

For Lisa of That's Why, who asked in an earlier comment:
Show me the swinging legs from Big Daddies and I might just fall over from the excitement.
Lisa, I'm sorry to say I've fallen short.

We strolled by Big Daddy's twice, and noticed two things. First, the swinging legs were not on display. The spot where the legs used to swing out was covered over with a heavy board. MizBubs posited that they had taken the legs inside for the holiday to prevent any Bourbon Street drunks from attempting to swing on them.

Second, Big Daddy's had changed signs.

When we visited last year, this was the sign we saw:



If you look closely you'll see what Big Daddy's promises to the enthusiast: "Bottomless...Topless...Moderate Prices".

On this visit we saw a different sign, and while not as specific in its offer of moderately-priced pleasure, it's still a winner. This sign promises "World Famous Love Acts Men & Women".



To paraphrase Dashiell Hammett, I was trying to count how many lies could be found in those six words, and had reached three...

I looked at this sign, and observed telltale black boxes over certain parts of the talent depicted on the sign. You see those?

At that moment I suddenly realized where our old neighbors, the ones with the Polaroids, had landed after fleeing suburban Chicago so quickly.

We did not go inside.

1 comment:

lisahgolden said...

What?????

I must get back to NOLA asap. Thank you for letting me know that without my singles and impish grin that makes the strippers put their boobies in my face, amateur night at Big Daddies might not be happening the way it's suppose to be happening.

Some things just aren't meant to be messed with.

I wonder how long it will take me to get gassed up, packed, ....oh never mind. I'm just climbing through the passenger's side door, over the console and heading west in I20.

(Thanks for the link, Sugar. Tell Miz Bubs I hope she's right about the swinging legs. I can't take another paradigm shift today!)