Thursday, March 12, 2009

LET'S START THIS MONKEY MIX

Here's a lineup of the participants for the latest Green Monkey Music Project:

Splotchy
Beth
Barbara
Tenacious S
Randal Graves
BeckEye
Dena
Lulu

Each one of you will please post your 5 song choices in the comments here, giving us a total of 40 sinful masterpieces--one for each day of Lent.

I will be adding a special 5-song extra sleazy bonus pack. If I may, please allow me to take a moment to remind you of the theme:
Here's the dealio: each song you pick has to have something about it that makes you think "uh-oh, could I go to hell for listening to this?" It has to contain enough references to sex, drugs or violence that, even as you enjoy listening to it, you know it's not really good for you...it might even be harming you in some way. I'm talking sleaze. Mind the blasphemy, though. Please.

The mix will be limited to 8 people who will each contribute 5 song choices. Get it? A total of 40 songs, one for each day of Lent. Years from now you'll be able to listen to it and reflect on your sins, doing penance for each song. It'll be a character builder.


Comment away.

18 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I am not participating, nor should I with my limited knowledge of music. But I must say I will be really disappointed if nobody selects "Penicillin Penny" by Doctor Hook!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Here are my five:

Stink - Arab Strap
Song for Clay (Disappear Here) - Bloc Party
Tent in Your Pants - Peaches
Dead Man in My Bed - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
A Boy and His Machine Gun - Matthew Good Band

Now I need a shower!

Joe said...

Barbara, well done! Between me and the eldest we only recognize two of the artists and and I've never heard the Nick Cave track. I can't wait!

Coaster Punchman said...

This is a game that would be hard for me. I can't think up that many things.

Oh, and I did that one thing you tagged me on. I scheduled it to post next week (I'll be traveling.)

BeckEye said...

OH hell, now I have to come up with stuff. I will try to have this done by tomorrow.

Dale said...

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, especially as the time draws Closer. Love, Dale Reznor

Randal Graves said...

I'd just like to let you know, now that I've seen ass cheek, you've destroyed my moral center.

I hope you're happy.

We're supposed to slap them here? I did awhole post so I wouldn't have to otherwise use my noggin, but here they are:

Nicki Jaine, Pretty Faces
Unto Ashes, Spider Song
Van Halen, Dirty Movies
Faith No More, Jizzlobber
Alice In Chains, Junkhead

And a bonus blasphemy just for you,
Slayer, Piece By Piece.

Ah, Nick Cave, good stuff!

Cup said...

Here are my five:

R.E.M.: Tongue
The Replacements: Gary’s Got a Boner
Happy Mondays: Stinkin Thinkin
The Rolling Stones: Little T&A
Billy Squier: The Stroke

Johnny Yen said...

The picture was taken just seconds before the police burst through the door and arrested her for possession of 20 pounds of crack.

BeckEye said...

Okay, I'm not gonna overthink it...

1. Walk on By - Bishop Allen (sorry, first one out of the gate is kind of blasphemous, but it was the first song that I thought of.)

2. Hey Man, Nice Shot - Filter

3. Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac

4. Credit in the Straight World - Hole

5. Anything Goes - Guns N' Roses

dguzman said...

I knew I wouldn't be able to come up with enough naughty songs, but I can't wait to hear the mix.

P.S.--you're a bad boy!

Tenacious S said...

1. Jet Boy Jet Girl-The Damned
2. Possum Kingdom-The Toadies
3. Code Blue-TSOL

Working on the other two. Coming soon.

Tenacious S said...

4. (duh) Closer-Nine Inch Nails

lulu said...

Ok, here we go:

Ava Adore--Smashing Pumpkins.
Master and Servant--Depeche Mode
Erotic (sex remix)--Madonna
Lagartija Nick--Bauhaus
Alabama SOng--The Doors

(special silly bonus song)
The Masochism Tango--Tom Leher.

Joe said...

Excellent choices so far! I'm putting the final touches on mine now and will have them up soon.

Tenacious S said...

5. Deep Six-Big Black

lulu said...

Can I switch one? I totally forgot about Bring on the Nubiles by the Strangler. I must have it. Get rid of Madonna or the Doors, your call.

Thanks!

xoxox

lu

Splotchy said...

Here's mine:

Jailbait - Motörhead
Carbona Not Glue - The Ramones
She's Like Heroin To Me - The Gun Club
The Power Of Positive Drinking - Lou Reed
December 1963 (Oh What A Night) - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons